Similarly, new skills have been added that address different areas of expertise. An example of this is Investment & Risk which was developed by ESA and adopted by CISI.
The BFQ currently has 7 qualifications :
- Global Securities: offered by CISI
- Introduction to International Investment: offered by CISI
- Risk In Financial Services: offered by CISI
- Financial Derivatives: offered by CISI
- Lebanese Regulation: developed by BDL
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) offered by the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)
- Investment & Risk: developed by ESA
ESA Business School is constantly working on enhancing the range of qualifications to optimally suit the market's reality and meet the concerns of the Central Bank.
The Circular identifies a series of qualifications that must be passed by these practitioners based on their work.
Initially there were 3 qualifications :
- Securities from the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI-London)
- Financial Regulation from the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI-London)
- Lebanese Regulation which was set to be developed by the Banking Control Commission
At the time, ESA played the role of intermediary between Banque du Liban (BDL) and banks in Lebanon.
Most countries with advanced regulatory regimes have set standards and conditions for practitioners in the banking and financial sectors through a qualifications system. In line with its strategy to promote and regulate the Lebanese banking and financial sectors, Banque du Liban issued on the 9th of March 2006, Circular 103 (amended by intermediate Circular 202, 245 and 339).
This adopted a system of qualifications (Banking and Finance Qualifications) that must be passed by these practitioners based on their work functions.
In light of this, Financial Regulation has been eliminated because it relates to UK specific regulations that do not apply to the Lebanese market. Also, the Securities qualification has been replaced with Global Securities designed by CISI worldwide following the recommendations of ESA and BDL.